Monday, August 17, 2009

A Fun Family-Filled Week

So, last Tuesday Derek and I set off for Utah to go camping with my parents and brother's family. We stayed the night at Chelsea and Jake's. They are letting us stay at their house again for a few days next week too. UVU starts on Wednesday and we can't move in to our house until Friday. BYU housing doesn't take UVU into account, which is fine. We're just lucky we have wonderful family down there!

Anyway, Wednesday morning we took off for Ephraim. We met up with my fam, ate lunch, and left for Palisades, which is a pretty camp ground with a big lake and golf course and stuff. I was excited because the weather man said it was supposed to be in the 70s! perfect! But it was soooo windy! And I doubt it was in the 70s for very long.. at least it didn't feel like it. Derek and I couldn't set up our tent until the wind died down! It kept caving in on itself, so we had to take it down until night time.

It was so fun though! We played cornhole, bochey (sp?) ball, croquet, and the boys went golfing. The lake was way pretty, but the water was kinda cold (for my taste). We never ended up going swimming or renting canoes, which is fine cause I would have been freezing. My niece Jenna LOVED the water! It was so cute.



Our rolls looked like lips.. as these goofballs are demonstrating


My Mom and Dad playing croquet


My adorable niece Jenna and I


The pretty lake :)



Ryan striking a victory pose after finishing a grueling game of croquet :)




Ryan, Cindy, and Jenna


All tuckered out



There are a few pics from our trip. It was soooo fun!!! When Derek and I were driving back up to Idaho we stopped in Provo, and Derek was able to set up a last-minute interview for a job at the Missionary Training Center that he'd been looking into. He said he felt pretty good about it. We're crossing our fingers! It's the perfect job and fits his schedule perfectly! We'll find out in a couple days.

Back up in Arbon we had a lot of Haydens come and visit. Chelsea, Jake, and their son, Grant. Britton, Amber, and their kids: Julianne, Becca, and Josh. And Alisha just got back from her summer in Ecuador! All the Hayden kids except for Logan. It was so neat! Then on Sunday our aunt Lori and some of her kids came to visit. They are dropping off their daughter Amy at BYU.

This was a huge post, but it was so unique to be able to see so many of our family in less than a week! I am so grateful for all of them. I couldn't ask for better people to spend eternity with. :)


2 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We're excited that you guys are coming down soon!!

Chelsea said...

We're sure glad we get to spend eternity with you, too!