Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We did it!

So I (Kori) created this blog last October, but, aside from adding a template and a cute picture, I didn't touch it again until today! Let me tell you.. it was kinda difficult. I'm not exactly "computer smart" so it took me forever to figure it all out. Luckily my wonderful sister-in-law Chelsea was able to help me work out some of the confusion. Thanks Chels!

As for updates, Derek and I are having a baby in January!!!!! And we are again spending our summer in beautiful Arbon, Idaho where he grew up. He has been super busy on the farm helping his uncle and dad and I have been working VERY part-time at a shop in Pocatello called "The Purple Moon." It's a very eclectic store, but it's been pretty cool. The second day after I was hired the owner had me run the whole store by myself.. all day. Yeah, kinda scary, but I really enjoyed myself (and I had to call him pretty much everytime a customer had a question).


I got to go back to my homeland (Illinois) for a short visit last month with my dad and Jess Nelson. I got to see a few of my closest friends from high school, lots of my Ferree family, and I also got to spend a day in Nauvoo. It was only a 4 day stay in Illinois, so I wasn't able to see A LOT of people, but it was great to see some of them. My grandma drove back with us, and spent a week in Utah with my folks. It was a fun trip.... long drive... but fun.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! And I'm excited for me, because now I can read all about your goings on in Idaho. Well, for the next few weeks, anyway. :D Love the background!

Meg said...

Yay! I love blogs! And totally congrats on your baby...you'll be a great mom!

Brett and Nikki said...

You did it! I'm glad that Chelsea was able to help you out! Now I can't wait to see you with your little baby bump.... get going with posting some pictures, lady!! Love you!

Chelsea said...

Jake pointed out something interesting in your cute dancing picture on the side. When he first saw it, he thought it was Logan. I thought he was ridiculous, so he showed me, and now every time I look at it, I can see Logan dancing with Kori. Don't change it, because no one would ever thing that except us two weirdies, it was just funny to see how they actually DO look alike!