Monday, August 30, 2010

She Knows Her Mama

She said "mama" for the first time a couple days ago! Of course it was while she was crying and really wanted me to hold her... actually that's the only time she's ever said it.. when she wants me to pick her up. Verrrry cute. But sad at the same time.. we heard her saying it in her room last night as we were getting ready for bed. I melt.. literally.. puddle of Kori on the floor. I don't know how much she associates the word with me, but I've been working on it with her pretty often for the last couple weeks so who knows. Other cute news... she prefers Derek and I to her toys. If we set her on the floor next to her toys she will eventually find her way, army crawling, to us and climb as close to our faces as she can. It's so neat to see that she knows we are mommy and daddy... or at least that we are just 2 people who are always around and feed her and give her kisses. :)

Sad news.. I do believe she has come down with something. A cold most likely. She has been sooo sleepy and wanted to cuddle with mommy all day. She is just so lethargic and I can tell she is miserable. My poor baby :( Hopefully this sickness doesn't stick around too long!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so cute! I bet it is hard to resist that adorable girl saying "mama"! It's the best sound in the world, eh?

Jamilyn said...

Awh, cuuute!