Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Result

This was my first shopping trip with this new coupon mentality that's why I'm making kind of a big deal out of it. (See previous post) :D So, Here is what I found. The total I entered yesterday was taking into account my freshvalues card. Without that card I would have spent$32.?? I can't remember the change. Using my card brought me down to $22.29. Using my coupons brought me down to the grand total of $9.35. I don't know how I was that off, but I'd rather go down and than up. :) But from top to bottom that's a 72% savings. Kind of exciting! Here's what I got.

7 comments:

JD and Ash said...

Great job!!! I did pretty good today too! Fun stuff!

Mommy Named Meg said...

I really need someone to show me how to do all this. My sister is into it too, but it sounds conufusing to me... plus I HATE shopping right now. Grocery stores smell. Maybe after the morning sickness goes away entirely.

Janice Richardson said...

Way to go. It feels so good to be saving money! I love the moneysavingmom site too!

Chelsea said...

That's great! It's amazing how saving money like that can give you such an addicting rush (and one that you won't regret doing when you look back on it!). Way to go!

Derek and Kori said...

Thanks ladies. It really is a good rush! :) Meg, my sister-in-law is going to show me the ropes and then I can show you if you like. I remember hating grocery shopping from about 15 weeks into pregnancy until about 15 weeks after I had her. haha.. so I know just what you mean!

Alicia C. Ferree said...

Oh sweetheart, that is wonderful! You continue to amaze me and fill me with awe. Mazel Tov!

Anonymous said...

Man, I need to jump on the coupon wagon for sure!